MP Motz endorsing Hon. Erin O’Toole
as leader of the Conservative Party of Canada
The decision faced by Conservative Party of Canada (CPC) members across this nation as to who will be our next leader and future Prime Minister is not to be taken lightly. It is a decision that will not only change the face of Canadian politics, but impact the future of our country.
The leadership decision has weighed heavily on Glen Motz over the last several months, especially following his election as the Member of Parliament for the Medicine Hat-Cardston-Warner constituency.
“Many constituents have and continue to ask for my thoughts, input and opinion on whom our next leader should be,” Motz said. “As constituents are relying on my inside experience, observations, impressions and insights of the candidates to aid in helping them make informed decisions.”
He admits that he has been most impressed with each and every candidate who has put themselves under the national microscope by entering the leadership race, “as they are all quality people, and as Conservatives, we should be proud of their talent.”
However, throughout this process, Motz believes two candidates have emerged as consistently demonstrating that they are worthy and deserve serious consideration as leader of the CPC.
“In my opinion, Erin O’Toole and Andrew Scheer are both quality candidates and most importantly, incredible people,” he said, noting that they will be the only two names to be marked on his ballot.
“At the end of the day however, only one candidate will become leader of our Party and be the next Prime Minister of Canada, thus after significant thought and due diligence, I am pleased to advise that I am confidently endorsing and placing my full support behind ERIN O’TOOLE as my #1 choice”
In arriving at this decision, Motz says that Erin O’Toole has:
• Proven leadership qualities, skills and experience.
• Sound economic plans that are energy industry friendly and job creation focused, sufficient to get our nations finances back on track and restore investor confidence.
• Developed a full range of policies that are not only well thought out, costed and deliverable to provide stability to Canadians, these policies are aligned with grassroots Conservative values, balanced by compassion and commitment to fairness.
• Shared values established from a position of faith, demonstrated integrity and character.
• Proven private sector, military and government experience.
• Exceptional communication skills, demonstrating an articulate, intelligent, logical approach, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
• An understanding of the needs of average hard working Canadians, because he is one.
• Fully developed skills in both official languages and can comfortably and confidently communicate in the federal governments’ bi-lingual environment.
• A track record of being a team player, involving those around him in a balanced and reasoned decision making style.
• A sensible tough on crime approach, ensuring Canadian families and communities are safe and secure, establishing confidence in Canada’s justice system.
• Committed to be a champion for the men and women who wear a uniform to serve and protect our communities and our country.
• A responsible immigration plan, focused on border security but compassionate to legitimate refugee requirements.
“I am confident Erin O’Toole is the right leader who has what it takes to lead our nation back to respectability on the world stage, Motz stated. “I am proud to stand with Team O’Toole and would encourage CPC members to check out www.erinotoole.ca and see for yourselves why I have made this decision.”
For further information contact:
Chief of Staff,
Office of Glen Motz